- Provide information on Development Assets – one service-learning project = 19 developmental assets.
- Provide information and community contacts on ways to reduce violence and bullying – how to become a bully free school.
- Explaining the difference between volunteerism and service-learning.
- Creating field trips.
- Finding paint supplies and/or building relationships with cooperative extensions, city councils, and county commissioners.
- Provide resources on locations to find service-learning grants.
- Providing contacts for learning more about banking/savings accounts – US Bank, Washington Mutual.
- Connecting classrooms with doctors and nurses to learn more about biology and medicine.
These are just a few ways that the Goshen Community Development Coalition can be of service to the classrooms.
For more information, please feel free to contact Kathleen Dickinson or Lindsay Garcia at:
Goshen Community Development Coalition
2008 Hamilton Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89106